12 February 2012

stripes

 I recently went to a H&M student lock in event at the Brighton store which offered 20% off, and me being me I bought 2 of the most boring pieces of clothing in the store. BUT I don't care cause I really do like them. First one being yes, yet another stripy top! except this one is a little thicker and has a gold zip on the back (trying to defend myself for buying another one) but yeah I really like it and I think it'll look good with my levi shorts when it gets a bit warmer. Another purchase was this black vest top which has a sheer longer back. Tried getting a picture but they didn't come out great, it was only £7.99 as well which is good! thats without discount. I also bought a denim shirt but it was a Medium mens size so I'm taking it back cause it's too big, Hoping to get another one though cause I really want one. And now an outfit with the stripy top
stripy top- H&M 
Levi jacket- no clue
Leggings- H&M
Scarf- Portobello market
Necklace- RubyRaeLove

Now I'm going to defend myself here, I normally steer clear of the whole leggings as trousers type of outfit cause I do really hate the look off see through leggings with short tops but I thought I could make an exception with these ones as they are quite thick type of leggings. I bought them recently in H&M when I was in a 'not being able to afford disco pants' depression. So I thought these could fill my need for a while, a poor girls version of disco pants in some way. Although they are completely different but yeah whatevs. I've been living in them recently they are just so comfy to wear to college. I paired my new stripy top with my denim jacket which I have no idea where it's from cause my Auntie gave it to me as it used to be hers. And my checked scarf from Portobello market which I love and only cost 3 quid. Still loving my little skull necklace from RubyRaeLove. I'm obsessed with it and I wear it almost everyday, I've also gotten really into painting my nails recently cause I've been good and let them grow! these 2 nail varnishes from Revlon are my absolute favourites 

I hope you've all had a great week, I am so so so SO fucking happy it's half term right now! although i do have a crazy amount of portfolio work to do but I'm off to London on Wednesday for a few days with ma good friend Amber who is also a blogger which means it's an opportunity to get some outfit shots done. I'm going on Wednesday and will be back Friday so it's going to be a nice break. I also found out I have a portfolio review for London College of Fashion which I was SO surprised at, I mean it's not an interview but it's a step closer! I'm panicking a bit as it's in 2 weeks and I have no way near finished my portfolio. I'm also up to London again on the 20th for a photo shoot. Times like this I wish I lived there! 
Love, Rose

30 comments:

  1. I really wanted to go to the student lock in! and dw I can't afford disco pants either but those trousers look ALMOST as good haha :)

    http://arwardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the striped top, it looks amazing with the scarf and denim jacket :) And that necklace is amazing, I absolutely love it!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got some disco pants off of ASOS last week when they had 25% student discount! Love your outfit.
    Claudia xxx
    www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah really? I didnt realise they sold them on Asos. I might just have to take a look. Thanks xx

      Delete
  4. Those leggings don't look as bad as pants, could probably pass them off as riding pants!! (:
    xoxo

    http://www.madeinkayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails are so pretty, love the glittery varnish. I love your striped top, I am always on the look out for more xx
    Ella @ Belle Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get some thick leggings, mine are a pathetic excuse for leggings and definitely have to be worn with a long top/dress ;-). The student lock in sounds amazing, very jealous, your outfit is lovely too! What course are you looking to do at LFC? What is your portfolio based on? Whoops, sorry for the 21 questions! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I applied for a Fashion Textile course! and they didn't ask for anything specific so I'm just bringing everything I've done in the foundation course which is mostly just textile projects, weave, fashion illustration etc etc
      xx

      Delete
  7. I love the look of that striped top Rose! The scoop neck is amazing! How much was it...? I haven't been to Portobello Market in years, really must put that on my to-do list (: Good luck with your shoot and portfolio review, aaand have fun in London with your pal! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Michelle, and errrm i think it was £12.99 without 20% off, so it's pretty cheap!
      I know me neither I went to portobello a few christmases ago and haven't been again :( so want to It's so good!
      thanks for the good luck! I'm pretty nervous hah xxx

      Delete
  8. Love the top, I have so many Breton ones too but always want another! Wish I was still a student to benefit from these discounts x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your scarf! It looks really nice with the striped top. Your skeleton necklace is also really cute. I am sooo glad its half term aswell, although so much work still!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. can never have too many stripey tops! ;) looks lovelyyy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your outfits here, sometimes simple is just better :) and your nail varnish looks lovely I'm going to try out some blacks and glitters now! Good look for your LCF portfolio review! I had one there myself and its not as scary as you think its going to be :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I always go for simple outfits hahaa, It's just me! Oh really? I was shitting myself about it a bit but its nice to know it's not that bad
      x

      Delete
  12. I love this stripey top.. I have a topshop dress just like it! :) x

    francisdodson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy London! Love the zip detailing on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your top and denim jacket :) And I hope you have a good time in London! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm on 30 followers now thanks to you bbz! looking forward to london photo taking, i will take some of you getting your tatt done hehe xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You need to post more often! Love your new tops, nearly bought those leggings last week too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your blog, came across it just now! I really like the scarf, been wanting one like that for a while. Wish I was back in London, love it there so much. Have fun :) x

    lauradreamsanddresses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That shirt is so so nice! I'm also obsessed with stripy h&m tops and always on the never ending search for the perfect one, but this looks very well it! Sadly i'm on a no-buying-clothes-for-a-whole-month ban, but i think i can still take a nose in h&m and see if it's there.. O:) how much was it btw? x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the striped top, it's a basic but really special, though, due to the details :)
    xx

    http://golden-mirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the scarf and jean jacket<3xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. loving the stripey top m'dear, I have one just like it, turns out to be an absolute failsafe - especially on days when I'm in a rush.
    Have fun in London! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha you can never have enough stripy tops, i love your leggings though! disco pants are awesome but yours are really similar to riding pants so they're lovely. i feel your paint though, leggings shouldn't be a sub to trousers but sometimes it's cool. h&m do great basics. hope you've had a nice time in london :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Breton stripes are a classic and will never get old, I would fill my wardrobe with them if I could. Great pieces.
    Holly
    http://pickleisatreat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all the comments, I read them all!